Donald A McCain M.D. Ph.D, F.A.C.S. is the Chief of Surgical Oncology (Dept. of surgery) and Vice Chairman of the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center and is a board certified surgical oncologist whose major interests are melanoma, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, hepatobiliary cancer, sarcomas and micromatasteses.
Dr. McCain holds an academic appointment at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. Prior to coming to Hackensack University Medical Center, he completed his surgical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He holds memberships in several key national and regional professional organizations and not only has he published his work extensively but he has been recognized throughout his career for research excellence.
Dr. McCain received his Bachelor of Science in chemistry from C.U.N.Y. in 1986, Master of Science in 1988 and Ph.D. in 1989 in molecular biophysics from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY Columbia University Graduate Programs. He continued on to receive his M.D. degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1991.
Surgical Residency 1991-1996 Completed at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in NY
Surgical Fellowship at the world renowned
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY in 1998
- Inside Jersey Top Doctors for Cancer 2015
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor: New York Metro Area 2015
- Castle Connolly 5th Consecutive Year for New York Metro Area Top Doctor – 2015
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors 2015
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Member of American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors New York Metro Area 15th Edition 2015
- America’s Top Surgeon 2013 Award
- Inside NJ’s Top Doctors Award 2013
- Top Doctor for Women’s Health 2013 – Inside Jersey & Castle Connolly
- Nurse’s Choice – Top Doctors 2010, New Jersey State Nurses Association.
- America’s Top Oncologists – Surgical Oncologist 2010
- NJ Monthly’s Top Doctors Award 2010
- America’s Top Physician 2007 Award
- On Staff At: Hackensack University Medical Center, UMDNJ
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery UMDNJ
- Diplomate American Board of Surgery
- Caring & Professional