Welcome to Cancer Surgery Associates
Our goal is to properly evaluate our patients for the best possible surgical care and techniques while navigating you towards treatment options and breakthroughs that will improve survival.
The Cancer Care You Deserve.
BE A SURVIVOR
Meet Our Doctor
Donald A McCain M.D. Ph.D, F.A.C.S. is the Chief of Surgical Oncology (Dept. of surgery) and Vice Chairman of the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center and is a board certified surgical oncologist whose major interests are melanoma, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, hepatobiliary cancer, sarcomas and micromatasteses.
- American Cancer Society’s 39th Annual Diamond Ball- Medical Honoree, November 2018
- America’s Top Surgeon Award 2018
- Prestigious recognition in the 2018 Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- Top Doctor for Women’s Health 2017 – Inside Jersey & Castle Connolly
- Vice Chairman of the John Theurer Cancer Center
- Chief of Surgical Oncology Hackensack Medical Center
- Executive Vice Chairman of Surgery, OR Operations and Efficiency, Dept of Surgery, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery UMDNJ
- Trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Member of American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Nobility in Science Award, National Pancreas Foundation 2016
- Top Physicians New York Magazine 2013
- Castle Connolly Top Directors New York Metro Area 15th Edition 2012 – 2018
- Top Doctor for Women’s Health 2013 – 2017, Inside Jersey & Castle Connolly
- Inside NJ’s Top Doctors Award 2013 – 2017
- Top Bergen Doctors 2010, 2017 Magazine
- NJ Monthly’s Top Doctors Award 2010, 2013 – 2017
- America’s Top Oncologists – Surgical Oncologist 2010
- Nurse’s Choice – Top Doctors, NJ State Nurses Association 2010
- America’s Top Physician 2007 award
I recently had a minor surgical procedure performed by Dr. McCain. He and his staff were wonderful to deal with, and made the experience a positive one on every level. I would absolutely recommend this wonderful team of professionals.
DR McCain and his staff go above and beyond with the care of their patients. We were welcome like family from the first visit. DR McCain preformed two complicated surgeries that improved my quality of life. I would highly recommend this truly gifted surgeon.
Dr. McCain did an amazing job with my mother in removing some non cancerous tumors. Her recovery time was less then 4 daus. He is the best
He saved my life. I was able to get an appointment quickly and surgery was scheduled a few weeks later to remove my cancer. The best of the best!
Dr. McCain truly amazing doctor. Highly recommended. Recently my father had surgery Dr. McCain performed amazing job. Truely gifted surgeon.
Dr. Donald A. McCain is now officially a voluntary member of the VA New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange Campus.
As a way to give back to those who deserve it most, Dr. McCain will volunteer to provide Vets at the East Orange VA hospital with expertise cancer care.
I just wanted to thank you so much for your care and compassion, especially with this last little episode with me… I thank you again for your skill, patience and concern. Having the BEST doctors supporting me has made these past 3 ½ years much easier to handle. Much GratitudeBarbara L. – August 5 2014
Dear Dr. McCain + Staff,
There are no words to express my gratitude. Thank you for saving my husband’s life. I promise we will never forget this and we’ll pay I forward as best as we can! God Bless You!Lori K. – June 2012
…the most wonderful surgeon with the best bedside manners and the greatest office staff around.
My Sincere ThanksDolores C
Dear Dr. McCain,
Thank you so much for seeing me so quickly. Your office staff is wonderful. They took the extra steps to make sure my tests were done immediately. When a patient has a problem there is nothing nicer than people who really take the time to care. Thanks to you…Kathleen D
Dear Dr. McCain,
Over my professional career in the health care field, I have had the pleasure of talking with and getting to know hundreds of physicians personally. Occasionally, one stands above all others. You, Dr. McCain are such a man. There are no words to truly express my gratitude for your outstanding care, professionalism and obvious sincere concern for your patients physical and mental well-being. My diagnosis was devastating but I knew the instant I first met you that I was in excellent hands, those of not just a world-class surgeon but and sincere physician as well. Although your professional accolades and accomplishments speak for themselves, I felt the need to add a small note of heartfelt gratitude of my own. Additionally, I would be remiss if I did not say an added "Thank You" to your excellent staff. Their attention to detail and to my, and others in the waiting room, was second to none. They too helped make a most serious and sometimes scary time in my life a little less stressful. Sincerely, William M.William M. – May 11 2018
December 14, 2018
Fatima S. Elgammal, M.D.1*, Helen Wei, M.D., Ph.D.1*, Gregory Grimberg, M.D.1, Rahul Tilani, B.A.4, Tracy…
May 17, 2018
Dr. Donald A. McCain prestigious recognition in the 2018 Guide to America’s Top Surgeons How…
January 23, 2017
Dr. Donald A. McCain is now officially a voluntary member of the VA New Jersey…
January 19, 2017
“From breast cancer to menopause to hormone replacement, women have specific medical needs that require…