Welcome to Cancer Surgery Associates
Our goal is to properly evaluate our patients for the best possible surgical care and techniques while navigating you towards treatment options and breakthroughs that will improve survival.
The Cancer Care You Deserve.
BE A SURVIVOR
Meet Our Doctor
Donald A McCain M.D. Ph.D, F.A.C.S. is the Chief of Surgical Oncology (Dept. of surgery) and Vice Chairman of the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center and is a board certified surgical oncologist whose major interests are melanoma, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, hepatobiliary cancer, sarcomas and micromatasteses.
- Top Doctor for Women’s Health 2017 – Inside Jersey & Castle Connolly
- Vice Chairman of the John Theurer Cancer Center
- Chief of Surgical Oncology Hackensack Medical Center
- Acting Co-Chairman Dept. of Surgery at Hackensack Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery UMDNJ
- Trained at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Member of American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Nobility in Science Award, National Pancreas Foundation 2016
- Top Physicians New York Magazine 2013
- Castle Connolly Top Directors New York Metro Area 15th Edition 2012 – 2016
- Top Doctor for Women’s Health 2013 – 2017, Inside Jersey & Castle Connolly
- America’s Top Surgeon Award 2013
- Inside NJ’s Top Doctors Award 2013 – 2016
- Top Bergen Doctors 2013, 201 Magazine
- NJ Monthly’s Top Doctors Award 2010, 2013 – 2016
- America’s Top Oncologists – Surgical Oncologist 2010
- Nurse’s Choice – Top Doctors, NJ State Nurses Association 2010
- America’s Top Physician 2007 award
Dr. Donald A. McCain is now officially a voluntary member of the VA New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange Campus.
As a way to give back to those who deserve it most, Dr. McCain will volunteer to provide Vets at the East Orange VA hospital with expertise cancer care.
I just wanted to thank you so much for your care and compassion, especially with this last little episode with me… I thank you again for your skill, patience and concern. Having the BEST doctors supporting me has made these past 3 ½ years much easier to handle. Much GratitudeBarbara L [8/5/2014]
Dear Dr. McCain + Staff,
There are no words to express my gratitude. Thank you for saving my husband’s life. I promise we will never forget this and we’ll pay I forward as best as we can! God Bless You!Lori K [6/2012]
…the most wonderful surgeon with the best bedside manners and the greatest office staff around.
My Sincere ThanksDolores C
Dear Dr. McCain,
Thank you so much for seeing me so quickly. Your office staff is wonderful. They took the extra steps to make sure my tests were done immediately. When a patient has a problem there is nothing nicer than people who really take the time to care. Thanks to you…Kathleen D
January 23, 2017
Dr. Donald A. McCain is now officially a voluntary member of the VA New Jersey…
January 19, 2017
“From breast cancer to menopause to hormone replacement, women have specific medical needs that require…
January 1, 2017
Donald McCain, M.D., Ph.D., FACS, JTCC Interview by the Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack Meridian Health…
December 6, 2016