“From breast cancer to menopause to hormone replacement, women have specific medical needs that require expertise.
The physicians listed are among those leading in fields of medicine focused on women. Visit Castle Connolly’s database to find out which doctors made our list. To learn more about how Castle Connolly builds its list of Top Doctors, read below.
HOW TOP DOCTORS ARE SELECTED
In selecting these 272 Top Doctors for Women’s Health, Castle Connolly’s physician-led research team gave consideration not only to the doctors’ areas of medical specialty, but to their expertise in the medical needs of women.
Physicians do not, and cannot, pay to be selected as a Top Doctor.”
The Screening Proccess
Castle Connolly follows rigorous survey, research and screening processes.
- Selects only physicians who are board-certified and for whom the company has validated that the board certifications are current.
- Uses “minimum years in practice” standards, based on the medical specialty. Studies show quality increases with experience.
- Surveys, by mail and online, thousands of physicians and other health care professionals and asks them to identify excellent doctors in every specialty in their region and across the nation. While the nomination process is anonymous and confidential, each invitee has an access code to the nomination website, which helps ensure doctors do not nominate themselves.
- Makes thousands of phone calls each year seeking to identify top specialists for most diseases and procedures.
- Reviews the credentials of every physician under consideration, including his or her medical education, training, hospital appointments, professional achievements, and malpractice and disciplinary history.
Information on outcomes, procedure volume and malpractice is becoming increasingly available, but the public disclosure varies from state to state.
Ultimately, it is the professional judgment of the Castle Connolly editors, the chief medical and research officer and the research staff that determines Top Doctor selections.
Each of the selected doctors is asked to complete a professional biography form and information on his or her areas of expertise.
Physicians may be removed from the lists because of retirement, change in practice, unavailability to patients, malpractice or disciplinary issues or a change in the “mix” of specialists for a given community.Removal from a list does not indicate something negative about the physician.
Physicians identified through the research process are clearly among the very best, but there are always other very good physicians not identified by Castle Connolly.”
By Inside Jersey Staff
on January 12, 2017 at 8:00 AM, updated January 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM